So this week I’m on an #Infuse retreat in Murfressboro, TN. I’m finishing up a program with Jim Wideman called Infuse. I could make this a post about every reason why you should get a coach and get better at what you do but here’s what’s happened in my life since getting a coach. These are things that I’ve accomplished and you can argue whether it’s me or coaching but either way here’s what’s happened.
1. I’ve lost 40 lbs! I look and feel better than I ever have as an adult.
2. I transitioned from the 5th and 6th grade pastor and will transition to leading 5th-12th grade near the end of this year.
3. I’ve been on more dates with my wife this year than last year so far. 6 dates in 2 months. Loving it. #mywifeisawesome
4. I’ve been more intentional with how I spend the time with my family.
5. I’ve joined a curriculum writing team at preteenministry.net
6. I’ve learned to pour and invest into volunteers. Oh the difference between these last 2 years and the 4 years before, #crazydifferent
7. Ran a Mud Run and will run the Spartan Race at the end of March.
8. Awakened my inner man. Went hunting for the first time and have done more projects at home than ever before. #wantingtofishmore
9. Met some incredible people trying to get better at what they do and becoming who God is calling them to be.
10. Gained confidence in my ability to lead others despite my shortcomings. #Godisgreater
There are more but I figured this is enough for you to think about for now. Go find someone that you desire to be more like and spend time asking them how they go to where they are today.