This post is my thoughts from a breakout I attended at Orange Conference 2013. You can click the link to view all of myOrange Conference 2013 posts.
This breakout was given by Jeanne Stevens. I’ve heard Jeanne at Orange before and came away impressed. I chose this to hear her thoughts and she killed it!
She talked through the 5 C’s of Healthy Teams. Here are a few of the highlights:
- There was a question asked in the session: “What if your church seems ok to sacrifice the many for the one? How do you handle that?” Jeanne responded like a pro and made a statement I won’t soon forget, “[In the church] We get stuck with being nice.” “Don’t sacrifice the many for the one.”
- You cannot manufacture a calling.
- Healthy communication and pace lead to healthy conflict. Health conflict promotes healthy growth.
- When hiring, do you want a thoroughbred or a pony? You have to teach one how to run and get to show off another. (WOW!)
- Authenticity leads to true authority.
Here are pictures of my notes from this session:
Are you having any struggles with your leadership team?