In about 10 days, you and hopefully some of your team will be traveling to Atlanta, Ga for The Orange Conference. You are pumped, excited, and ready to go. But honestly you are probably thinking a lot about the breakouts and other stuff and you could sometimes miss some of the things that are happening to help your conference experience. Here are a few that you should be aware of:
Orange Conference App
Now The Orange Conference fits in the palm of your hand! This iConference experience will help attendees prepare for their time at conference, equip them on-site and allow them to rate their sessions afterward. Even those not attending the conference can still have hours of fun with the app.
- View the full conference schedule, your personal schedule and track schedules.
- Change workshop and breakout sessions.
- Evaluate workshop and breakout sessions.
- Post to Twitter and Facebook to tell the folks back home what you’re up to.
- Read up on conference speakers.
- Access the venue map.
- Watch live feed from the conference.
So don’t waste time searching through your super trendy bag that has everything in it. Just download your iOS app now!
Orange Conference Live Stream
Afraid you are going to miss something because well, you won’t be there. Don’t worry, Orange has got you covered.
This year Orange is asking you to sign in with your information to view the stream but also be entered to win some goodies. So don’t miss out.
Don’t forget, there will be a ton of awesome, amazing, super cool, bloggers there that would love to ask you questions. I know you think bloggers are weird and don’t know ministry… Most of us could point you to a ridiculous amount of resources in like 5 minutes if you came willing to talk to us. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to talk to some of the people in ministry. I spend a ton of time asking great leaders questions. This alone is worth the price of admission.
While you are at the conference send this tweet and I will try to find someone to answer your questions:
@jcisonline I want to talk to someone about this (fill this part in) #OC13
I will get it to my phone and I will be able to help. I also have things that I am trying to figure out for my own ministry. Here are my big 3.
- Volunteer Training and Mentoring
- Creative Meeting Structure/System
- Sticking in Ministry for the Long Haul
And if you read someone’s blog, then make sure that you just come up to them and tell them. Keeping up with these things is tough. It’s good to meet faces that are really helped by your content!
Some helpful tips
- Write down some questions that you want answered and find the people that might be able to answer them. Don’t hesitate to tweet or stalk someone who might be able to answer them.
- Set aside time for conversations. Think about watching a live stream of a session somewhere with your team and have a conversation about the topic.
- Bring your phone and get information. Easiest way for me is to get a number or an email and make a note of what conversation I want to have with that person.
- Buy some resources. Bring a notebook. Write down action items.
I know this is the theme and it might seem a bit cheesy, but going to these amazing conferences could cause you to go back home with a desire to change everything. Instead come with a plan of the one thing that you want to work on. Put everything else on the backburner.
Also make sure to keep up with the Orange Leaders Blog for updates on things that are happening.
Who’s gonna be there? What are you looking forward to?